Like most Americans, I’m hoping to have a healthier 2006. Here are a few of my resolutions:
1. In 2006, light pruning and aimlessly wandering around my garden will not count as exercise.
2. I will use herbs from my garden in some healthy home-cooked meals.
3. I will take the time to stop and smell the roses.
4. I will take time to check for bugs before I sniff the roses.
5. I will volunteer more often with the Master Gardeners. In February, the Butterfly Garden volunteers will be active again, and I'd like to get involved in the Project Host Soup Kitchen Garden.
Our New Year's Eve plans are to sit in front of the fireplace and watch movies. If you're looking for movies to watch, you might want to check out my Top Ten Gardening Movies post from July. I have details on each movie there, but here's a recap:
1. Little Shop of Horrors, the original cult classic (1960)
3. Saving Grace (2000)
5. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1945)
6. Little Shop of Horrors, the musical (1986)
7. Bed of Roses (1996)
8. White Oleander
9. Garden State
10. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978)
Honorable Mention:Steal Magnolias, Magnolia